The Krka National Park provides a calm and fascinating form of nature, with a number of limestone mountains and splashing rivers flowing out of these mountains.
You can have a pleasant vacation in this area if you are familiar with specific information about various aspects of the trip. Take a look at this website, which will serve as your guide for your trip to Krka National Park.
Some Important Facts
- Krka National Park was established in 1985, along the bank of River Krka.
- The park extends over 142 sq km, out of which 25.6 sq km of the area is dominated by water.
- River Krka has the capability to fight against limestone and form interesting features like waterfalls, potholes, caves etc.
- The park is famous for its rich variety of flora and fauns, which include cypress, hornbeam, oak and willow, along with golden eagles, trout, salmons, and other varieties of birds and fishes.
Location Of Krka National Park
Krka National Park, which is famous as one of the many Croatian National Parks, is located in Sibenik-Knin County in central Dalmatia. You may find it at a distance of few km from the city of Sibenik.
How To Reach Krka National Park
In order to reach Krka National Park, you need to follow the simplest path from the city of Split by taking the highway E65. Alternatively, you may reach Sibenik City and from there you may reach the national park using bus service.
Places To Visit
You may visit a number of interesting tourist spots on your trip to Krka National Park. Here is the list of most visited tourist places in the area:
- The two most beautiful waterfalls in the area, Roski and Skradinski buk, are enough to enchant your vision.
- The island of Visovac is located in Visovac Lake. You must visit this island to view Roman Catholic Visovac Monastery, a Franciscan Monastery, with a wonderful library.
- The ancient Serb Orthodox Monastery is another great place to visit.
- Grede is the steepest area of Krka gorge and offers a spectacular view to the tourists.
- Kamicak Fort guards the Krka National Park from the hill top and is a place worth visiting.
- The ethnological museum happens to be a store of knowledge about history and culture of this area.
- You may also get the chance to see dwelling places of various fish species. Also, you may enjoy birding, as hundreds of bird species find shelter at this place.
Accommodations in Krka National Park
You may find good hotels in the locality of Krka National Park. The accommodations are also available in the form of apartments and private places in the surrounding towns and cities like Skradin, Knin and Primosten.
Best Time To Visit
You may visit the place in any month of the year. However, it is recommended to visit the place in spring season or at the start of autumn season to witness the natural beauty in its full glory.